Fleas and ticks are not only a source of irritation to your pet, but they can also harbor disease and adversely affect your pet’s health. Heartworm is a dangerous parasite that lives in the heart of dogs and cats, damages the heart muscle, and can be fatal. Thankfully, all of these can be prevented and Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic can help you keep your pet safe.
Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic proudly offers Credelio to our patients to keep them safe from nasty parasites like fleas and ticks in the area.
What is Credelio?
Credelio® (lotilaner) is a prescription flea and tick medicine that kills ticks and fleas fast*, is well tolerated and lasts all month long to protect the dog you love.
*Credelio starts killing fleas in 4 hours and kills 99% within 8 hours for 35 days. Credelio is greater than 97% effective against labeled tick species 48 hours after administration or infestation for 30 days. In a controlled European study, Credelio starts killing ticks (I. ricinus) in 4 hours.
- Fleas are small, jumping insects that live off of the blood of animals. They can carry dangerous diseases and will often cause allergic dermatitis”severe itching”in pets.
- Infestations of fleas can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars to get rid of, and, since flea eggs are able to survive a very long time, it is difficult to completely get rid of them. It is much better to prevent fleas than to have to try to eliminate them.
- Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic has monthly flea preventives for dogs and cats. Our knowledgeable staff can help you select the type of preventive that best fits your pet’s needs.
- Ticks are external parasites that live off of the bodily fluids of animals. They can carry diseases from one animal to another and are the main cause of the spread of diseases such as Lyme disease, ehrlichiosis/anaplasmosis, and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Dogs and cats that contract a tick-borne disease experience painful symptoms that can leave permanent damage. Prevention is the best course of action.
- Lyme vaccination—Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic recommends all dogs receive annual vaccinations including the vaccination to prevent Lyme disease.
- We recommend that both dogs and cats remain on monthly tick preventive. Our knowledgeable staff can help you select the type of preventive that is best suited for your pet.
It’s important to protect your pet from diseases like Lyme, which can wreak havoc on their internal systems.
Right now we’re offering a special to our current clients! Purchase a six-month supply of Credelio 25lbs-50lbs and get $20 off your next exam at BVC! Click here to get started.