QUICKER DIAGNOSIS MEANS QUICKER RECOVERY
Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic is able to process a wide array of diagnostic laboratory tests with our in-house laboratory. Some of these tests include:
- Complete blood chemistry (CBC)—Analyzing blood chemistry can give us indications of the functioning of the internal organs. The CBC can indicate the presence of an infection, anemia, possible bone marrow issues, malignancies, or blood clotting issues.
- Pet thyroid tests—Just like humans, pets can have overactive or underactive thyroid issues. This test measures the amount of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in the body.
- Coagulation profiles—These tests are able to measure the body’s ability to stop bleeding. The profile can be used in cases where it is suspected that a pet has ingested rodent poison.
- Feline leukemia testing—Cats new to their owner, kittens, and sick cats are frequently tested for feline leukemia.
- Lyme disease—Tick-borne illnesses have been on the increase in our area. With the increased presence of Lyme disease and the intense illness that can result from contracting it, we recommend that pets be checked each year for the disease.
- Heartworm—Heartworm is a parasite that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The worm lodges in the heart of the dog or cat and can prove fatal if undetected and untreated. Our area has seen an increase in cases of heartworm due to infected pets being moved here from southern regions. We recommend annual testing and preventive treatment year-round.
- Urinalysis—Urine samples can be tested for kidney function as well as the presence and nature of infections.
Brodheadsville Veterinary Clinic is committed to providing accurate and timely lab results for the benefit of your pet thanks to our extensive in-house laboratory capabilities.
Question? Send us a message and a member of our team will get back with you as soon as possible.